This class is a combination of online and outdoor, in-person group sessions to keep everyone safe.
Please dress for the weather, if it is unreasonably cold we will reschedule the class to a warmer day.
For all in-person sessions, social distancing protocols will be in effect and when it is not possible to keep our distance then masks are required. If you do not have a mask during class, you will be kindly asked to leave. Your safety is our #1 priority during these unprecedented times.
If at any time during the class, you require personal one on one help with your puppy, hand sanitizer will be used before and after handling the leash.
In-person classes will only run if safe to do so. If at any time during the class, provincial restrictions and guidelines change, then the in-person session will be postponed until it is safe to proceed.
Upcoming Class Schedule:
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Live Q&A on Thursdays @ 7:00 p.m.
March 4, March 18, April 1, April 15
In-Person Classes Tuesdays @ 5:00 p.m.
March 9, March 23, April 6, April 20
Monday, April 19, 2021 - (5 spots available)
Live Q&A on Thursdays @ 7:00 p.m.
April 29, May 13, May 27, June 10
In-Person Classes Mondays @ 6:00 p.m.
May 3, May 17, May 31, June 14
It’s been a rough year! To bring a little bit of joy to your life, you’ve got yourself a new little bundle of fur. But, with all these new restrictions, you've nowhere to go!
We want to rectify this!
So, we are now offering Outdoor Puppy Classes to ensure you start off right on the right paw with your dog.
Something you may not know is that puppies have a critical learning period up to 18 weeks of age, but extends up to the first 6 months. This is a critical period for learning that should not be missed. In this time, your puppy is developing confidence, independence and learning how to cope in new environments and situations.
If we don't teach our dogs how to work through these newfound experiences, they may learn to work through them in a way that will lead to a lifetime of training and frustration.
During this time, our puppies are little sponges and are the easiest to train, but training is more than just sit and stay!
We need to structure our sessions to teach our puppies how to walk nicely on leash, to come when called without ignoring you, how to behave around new people and dogs and how to behave in general!
These exercises must be done in a positive way to ensure that your puppy is always relaxed, calm and confident, no matter the situation.
This unique class experience will teach you everything you need to know on how to start your puppy off on the right paw.
Let us help you make a positive impact in your dogs’ life and have a puppy that will grow into a dog that you can confidently take anywhere with you and be sure they will remain calm and reliable.
• Puppies must be under 6 months of age at the start of the class to be eligible
• There is no minimum age requirement, we ask that your puppy be in your home for 7 days to ensure they are healthy
• Your puppy must be up to date on their vaccines (first set of vaccination required, but second set of vaccinations are recommended)
What’s included in this program:
• Wellness plan to get your puppy off to the right start
• Downloadable E-book you can keep for life
• Access to the 8-week online course that will outline everything you need to know about training your puppy
• 4 Live Q&A's bi-weekly
• 4 Outdoor in-person sessions in a new location
• This class is an 8-week long intensive program that includes an in-person session every two weeks. We will alternate between the in-person group session and the live Q&A
• Each week a module will be released where you will learn and practice at home
• One hands-on lesson every two weeks where you will get to practice what you learned with our guidance in an exciting outdoor location that will help your dog gain confidence in their surroundings and teach them how to behave around new dogs, people and environments
Your safety is our number one priority!
For additional details contact us at (403) 819-1510
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no makeup classes and no pro-rated fees of missed classes.
If the cancellation is Covid19 related with you not being able to attend class for health reasons you are able to join a future class within a year.
Spaces are limited and must be booked in advance. Your space will only be reserved once payment is received.
Classes are subject to minimum enrollment and may be cancelled or rescheduled if the minimum number of students is not met. In such a case, the student may be transferred to a different session.
Classes may be rescheduled due to cold weather (-5) or dangerous road conditions. In such a case, students will be advised by e-mail and telephone. A make-up class will be rescheduled.